Christmas Traditions





 A friend asked me a couple weeks ago if I still wrote poems.Yes I do,although its been a VERY long time since I last posted one(I'll probably end up posting on tomorrow because I've been on a typing/texting/writing splurge lately).I was looking back at some of my posts today,and it made me very nostalgic.Then I got to thinking,I dont think I've ever posted A Christmas Post before today.Well,I'll have to fix that.So,here comes some Christmas traditions in my family we end up doing every year or close to

1.Every weekend is full with Christmas things to do

2.1st weekend in December is decorating the house for Christmas🏡🎄 and Christmas shopping(Although that's pretty much throughout December,or in my case,making it)

3. 2nd week is going to get a Christmas tree(We usually end up going to Esbys Christmas Tree Farm and picking one out.We listen to Christmas music on the way there and back.We end up with many fond memories and hilarious moments🤣

4.3rd week we usually end up having a bday party for me(Depending on whatever day its on).We have a Christmas program we end up attending and often times participating in.Its alot of fun.Its also a great salvation opportunity/message.We all dress up Christmas eve.

5.Christmas morning we get up early(every year is a competition between parents vs.kids of who gets up first.Every year there's a teasingly debate going on),read the Christmas story(sometimes on Christmas Eve),do stockings,eat breakfast,and open gifts.We then clean up wrapping paper(No,we don't save it for next year,haha),and in the afternoon company(relatives)drops in.They stay late and we all have a merry time together.

6.There is more traditions,but my thumbs have gone numb with all the texting/writing.So,I'll leave it there for now and maybe continue at a later date

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Under the starry sky

My Grandma

The Thank you Post