Self Quartine 2020

My Dear Readers,
It's been awhile since I've written what's been going on in my life lately.I'm sure many of you are aware of the coronavirus and self quartine going on.It's been a real struggle for me,although staying home can save lives,staying home.I've always really enjoyed my outings,even if it was a walk down the road,a car ride around the block,or a trip to town,now more than ever.Our local past treasures has hosted a drawing for top of quilts.Basically you sew a top of a quilt and upload the pic to their FB page.When you give the top to the person working at the store,you've to give the backing,and stuffing.So they can quilt and put top designs on it for you if you win the drawing.I've worked hard on it for 2 weeks now and am on my way to taking it to the store now.It's going to be a gift for my gr.grandmas bday.What comes with spring is water.Especially in Culverts,ponds,and rivers.It brings back so many memories of my childhood when David would play with me in the culverts.We would splash and try to float on icebergs(although we never actually stayed on one long enough,for after the top of the ice hit the water below,it would turn to slush)and pretend to be pirates.
I've still been working on school,and my 2 most favorite subjects are calligraphy and english.I've been doing a lot of 200 word reports,so it's actually pretty interesting.My family has been trying to stay healthy,and we're over the flu.Although everytime someone in my family goes back to work,someone gets sick within a few days.I've really missed the fellowship of my church family,and am continuing to pray that the governor lifts the order on self quartine.There's been alot of self quartine/coronavirus jokes going on,so I thought I might share a few to brighten up someone's day.
"Don't worry,the coronavirus won't last long...it was made in China."

"Attention:knitters,crocheters,and sewers.Don't fear self quartine,this is what we've training for."

"Thoughts and prayers to all the husband's who said to their wives"I'll do it when I get time"

"Feeling guilty about your kids watching too much TV?Just mute it and put on subtitles.Boom.Now they're reading."

"If I get self quartined with my wife for 2 weeks,I can assure you it wasn't the coronavirus that killed me"

I pray that each of you will be able to laugh and lean on God through these tough times.I know it's hard,but remember:if God is on our side,who can be against us?

Comments

  1. That is a beautiful quilt top! Well done! I always enjoy your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou!I'm glad to know I have a reader:)It's really encouraging to see comments because it let's me know someone's reading it:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Under the starry sky

My Grandma

The Thank you Post