Harvast & Hunting Time!!

So,alot of people have asked me"So what have you been doing lately??".Well,my family and I have been recently canning crabapples.We've been makin apple pie filling,applesauce and juice,as well as crabapple jelly.My favorite is the crabapple jelly:).There's been quite a bit of talk of an early frost,as well as winter by the end of October.Frankly,I'm enclined to believe both....mostly because I love winter,and I'm beist.Besides,if an early fall came,most likely do will an early frost.I mean,by the end of September,i'll most likely pull out my sweaters and such.I really enjoy harvest time,it's also my second favorite season.I love watching the leaves fly from a tiny pile to a gigantic hurricane of leaves.I also enjoy the fully grown wheat fields,and imagine walking through it,almost like floating on a cloud.Or even laying down  and reading in them.But I guess everyone has their own opinion of seasons.....That's just make take on it.:).Canning just comes with the territory of harvest time,and the preparation of winter.I love the magical feeling/happiness of winter.Its almost like the weather dictates your mood,and you can't help but be merry and cheerful!Just recently we have just about finished the shed,though I didn't grab any photos of it recently:).So,our adventure of the week was  having a fox stealing/eating 15 chickens in one week.Yikes!Luckily,we have a redbone coonhound,so we hope to use Tara in tracking it down.David ended up putting paw traps in the yard with a nasty tuna concotion to bait it in.Tomorrow morning,we're all going out at 5 A.M. to hunt him down.Everyone will have gun in hand.A few ducks went missing,especially David's favorite sweet duck,Duchess,so he's very resolved.Let's go hunting (as we put on bugle sounds)!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Under the starry sky

My Grandma

May Memories